2021 Annual Art Exhibition
Open to Adult Members and NextGen (under 20) Artists
Over $4000 in Prizes
$1000 FIRST PRIZE to the best artwork Seven(7) prizes awarded to the best artwork in each of the following categories.
Oils/Acrylics, Watercolour, Photography, Printmaking, Drawing, Pastels, Other Media.
NextGen (under 20 years of age)
$400 FIRST PRIZE to the best artwork Three (3) prizes awarded to the best artwork in each of the following categories Under 20, Under 15 and Under 10
Major Sponsor : The Shire of Cardinia
Thursday 14th October
Delivery of Artworks
Thursday 28th Oct
Emerald Arts Society
Cnr Church & Anne Sts, Emerald
3pm to 6pm
Saturday 30th Oct
Emerald Arts Society 12 Noon
Art Show Dates
Saturday 30th Oct 12 to 4pm Sunday/Monday 10am to 4pm
Collection of Artworks
Monday 1st Nov
Emerald Arts Society 4pm to 6pm
! Changes due to Covid
Please send photos of each artwork you are submitting.
If Covid restrictions prevent the delivery of artworks we will judge the art exhibition online.
The prize winners will be notified and their works published online via social media.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
* All adult entrants must be current members of the Emerald Arts Society
* All exhibits must be the original work of the exhibitor.
* All works must be for sale, except artwork from NextGen (under 20) artists.
* All works must remain on display for the duration of the exhibition.
* All works are displayed at the discretion of the Emerald Arts Society Committee, which reserves the right not to hang exhibits if they are deemed inappropriate.
***All artworks must be secure and ready to hang. Flat screws are to be inserted in the back with wire or strong cord sufficient to support the weight of the artwork. No protruding screws.
* Name of entrant, telephone number, title of work, medium and price must be displayed on the back of each work.
* For Adults the total number of entries is limited to SIX (6) per entrant, with a maximum of FOUR (4) artworks in any one medium. For NextGen total number of works is limited to Four (4)
* The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence regarding judging or awards will be entered into.
* The judge does not have to make an award if it is deemed that art work is not up to standard.
* The Emerald Arts Society will exercise reasonable care with exhibits but it is not responsible for loss or damage to works while they are in transit or during the exhibition.
* The entry fee per work is $6.00. Pairs are treated as separate entries.
* Payment can be made by Cheque, Cash, or EFT. Please specify type of payment on your entry form.
* Maximum size of exhibits: No work to exceed one (1.5) metres along any one side.
* The Emerald Arts Society will deduct 25% commission for all works sold during or as a result of the exhibition.
* No substitutes will be accepted after the closing date.
* All entered artworks are to be delivered to the exhibition venue, the EAS Studio, corner of Anne & Church Streets, Emerald on Thursday 28th of October between 3.00 and 6.00pm.
* Unsold artworks must be collected from the exhibition venue on Monday 1st of November between 4.00 pm and 6.00 pm. Artworks not collected by 30th November 2021 become the property of Emerald Arts Society and may be sold.
* These conditions are subject to change without notice at the discretion of the Emerald Arts Society Committee.
* The society reserves the right to allow any artwork submitted to be reproduced for promotion via social media, website and publications.
Please note that if we are in lockdown at the time of the exhibition then all judging will be done via the digital photos.
If, however, restrictions are lifted and all artworks can be delivered then all judging will be done based on the artwork received.