This Annual Exhibition celebrates the life of a great artist, past president and proud supporter of the arts. Proudly presented by the Emerald Arts Society and Cardinia Shire.
$1000 FIRST PRIZE donated by the Dudley Family.
Entries close 2nd July 2022.
Entries close: 5pm, Saturday 2nd July 2022
Delivery of art works: 3pm to 5pm, Thursday 21st July at Hills Hub, Cnr Belgrave-Gembrook & Beaconsfield-Emerald Rds, Emerald.
Exhibition Opening: 7pm, Friday 22nd July 2022
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Open to all artists.
- All portraits must be the original work of the exhibitor.
- A maximum of 1 (one) entry per artist.
- Artworks to not exceed 1.2m x 1.2m.
- All artworks are displayed at the discretion of the Arts Society which reserves the right to not hang art works that are deemed inappropriate.
- The back of the artworks must have artist’s name, contact number, title and medium.
- Artworks must be professionally framed with hanging wire fitted and no projecting screws.
- No frame is required if on stretched canvas but must have required hanging as per above.
- Aside from self portraits, the sitter’s name and signature is required as an indication that they approve of having their portrait on display.
- At the Opening the judge’s selection of the 10 best portraits will be announced and the overall winner will receive their prize.
- The decision of the judge is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All artworks will remain on display at Hills Hub until 4pm Sunday 24th of July.
- Those artworks not chosen in the final 10 must be collected between 4pm and 6pm on Sunday 24th July.
- The 10 chosen artworks will then be displayed at the following venues within August/September period:
– Hills Hub, Emerald – August 2022
– Cardinia Cultural Centre, Pakenham – September 2022
- Collection of 10 Finalist artworks: date and location to be advised.
- Any art work not collected within one month from the collection dates specified will become the property of the Emerald Arts Society and may be sold.
- EAS will take care in the handling of artwork but will not be held responsible for any damage while on display at any of the venues.
- Artists must agree to have images of their art used for publicity purposes.
If you have any queries please contact the organisers.
Phone: Glenn 0488 228 665
Cover painting of John Dudley by: Charlie Tong
Photo by: Paul Gallant